Hunter McIntyre of the United States is your 2022 HYROX World Series of Fitness Racing Champion. The titles were awarded to both athletes at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV on Saturday, May 14, 2022. This was the first time HYROX had held its largest race in the United States. The World Championships are usually held in Germany.
Important Notes: Tobias Lautwein was the winner of the Men’s division in 2021. Lauren Weeks was ninth, having won the 2020 and 2021 World Champions.
2022 HYROX World Championships Results
These are the final results.
- Hunter McIntyre 58:05
- Ryan Kent — 1:00:26
- Alexander Roncevic — 1:00:38
- Tim Wenisch — 1:01:35
- Dylan Scott — 1:02:10
- Michael Sandbach — 1:03:17
- Richard Ryan — 1:04.38
- Jeffrey Voisin — 1:05:04
- Tom Hogan — 1:05:09
- Martin Michelius — 1:06:15
- Cole Schwartz — 1:07:09
- Holger Korner — 1:07:56
- Tomas Tvrdik — 1:09:05
- Kris Rugloski — 1:17:21
- Linda Meier — 1:07:57
- Mirjam Von Rohr — 1:08:23
- Alandra Greenlee — 1:08:38
- Alyssa Hawley — 1:09:53
- Terra Jackson — 1:10:15
- Viola Oberlander — 1:10:20
- Elisabeth Kholti — 1:10.20
- Lauren Weeks — 1:13:02
- Camilla Massa — 1:13:18
- Rebecca Naether — 1:15 :37
- Sabrina Rothig — 1:16:37
- Beatrice Aldeit — 1:16:47
- Dena Hogan — 1:18:25
The HRYOX workouts are the same. Each event has eight “workouts”, each with a 1-kilometer (a sixth of a mile), run between them. The fastest athlete to complete all eight workouts or runs wins. McIntyre finished the event in 58 mins, while Rugloski completed it in 1:07.21. These are the workouts:
- Workout One – 1,000m on the SkiErg.
- Workout Two — 50-meter Sled Push | Women: 275 pounds, Men: 385 pounds
- Workout Three — 50-meter Sled Pull | Women: 165 pounds, Men: 275 pounds
- Workout Four — 80 meters Burpee Broad Jumps
- Workout Five — 1,000 Meter Row
- Workout Six — 200-meter Farmer’s Carry | Women: 53 pounds, Men: 70 pounds
- Workout Seven — 100-meter Sandbag Lunges | Women: 45 pounds, Men: 66 pounds
- Workout Eight — 100 Wall Balls | Women: 14 pounds, Men: 20 pounds
Here are the top women and men in this category.
McIntyre was 2020’s world champion, but he was beaten by Tobias Lautwein to the 2021 title. By running the first kilometer in just 2:39 in the 2022 contest, he set the tone.
He was fastest in five of eight workouts. He also came in second and third in workouts three, eight, and four. McIntyre led by two minutes when he reached the finish line.
Kent, who was just coming off a win at the North American Championships in January 2022 was the top choice to win the World title.
Kent struggled with exercise four. He finished the burpee broad jumps at 3:08, which was 11th place out of 13. McIntyre won the event in 2:34. Note: McIntyre and Kent were both penalized one minute for missing the burpee wide jumps. He finished the 1,000-meter row in 4 minutes and 22 seconds, ranking fifth in Workout 5.