If your goal is to gain weight and pack on muscle, then you have to pay special attention to both your training regimen and your daily diet. You need to consume enough calories to support solid muscle growth and optimize your body’s recovery abilities. For those looking to embark on the meal prep to gain weight journey, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we will take a deep dive into the practical aspects of reaching your ideal caloric intake. We will cover everything from preparation strategies to 7-days’ worth of mouth-watering weight-gain meal plans for everyone from underweight individuals to fitness enthusiasts seeking bulking solutions.
How Many Meals a Day Should You Eat to Gain Weight?
Let’s start by tackling the question of how many meals you need to consume daily to gain weight effectively. While various factors, such as individual metabolism and activity levels, play a huge role in determining the number of meals needed, a good rule of thumb is five to six nutrient-dense meals spread throughout the day.
By breaking down these meals into smaller portions and distributing them consistently, you will better provide your muscles with the necessary nutrients without overwhelming your digestive system. Ideally, include high carb snacks and low calorie high protein meals to fuel your body throughout the day.
Meal Prep to Gain Weight Tips for Gaining Weight
The key to successful weight gaining meal prep lies in organization and time management. Follow these simple tips to make your meal prep journey a breeze:
M MCIRCO 10-Pack,22 Oz Glass Meal Prep Containers,Glass Food Storage Containers with lids,Glass Lunch Containers,Microwave, Oven, Freezer and Dishwasher (Gray)
$39.99 ($4.00 / Count)
10 PACKS GLASS MEAL PREP CONTAINERS: With 10 packs 22oz （6.2” x 4.5” x 2.2”) single compartment food Prep Containers with Lids, They are perfect for meal prepping. Stay healthy and save time by cooking and freezing your meals for later.
HIGH QUALITY BOROSILICATE GLASS:Our glass storage containers are made from high quality borosilicate glass, which is stronger than cheaper glass food storage containers, safely go straight from the refrigerator to the microwave or oven to the table.
AIRTIGHT SMART-LOCKING LIDS: MCIRCO Glass food storage containers use snap lock lids that comes with silicone seals to ensure your meal prep food will last much longer than normal plastic food storage containers. These lids are easy to use and will stop leaking. These lids will not break or slowly stop working.
FOOD GRADE SAFE & BPA FREE: Easy to use and easy to take care of, as it’s safe in the microwave, freezer, dishwasher, and oven. Take off the lids before placing in dishwasher, oven and microwave for better maintenance.
100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: If you receive cracked products or you are not 100% satisfied with our products, please feel free to contact our customer service. We will provide the best solution for you within 24 hours.
Plan Your Meals: Plan your weekly meals in advance, including your 3000 calorie meal plan, and jot down a shopping list based on the required ingredients.
Batch Cook: Cook your meals in bulk and store them in the fridge or freezer to save time during the week.
Use a Food Scale: A food scale will help you accurately measure ingredients and portion sizes, ensuring you consume the calories your body needs.
Don’t Forget the Toppings: Including tasty, high-calorie toppings such as nuts, seeds, avocado, and healthiest trail mix can elevate the flavor and nutrition of your meals.
Supplement Caloric Intake: Use low calorie high volume foods and supplements such as protein powders and mass gainers to help meet your daily caloric goals.
The 7-Day Meal Prep to Gain Weight Plan
Here’s an example of a 7-day meal prep for muscle gain that incorporates a variety of proteins, carbs, and fats to support your weight-gaining efforts.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with bananas, honey, and peanut butter
- Snack: Greek yogurt with mixed berries and granola
- Lunch: Chicken and avocado wrap with a side of 0 calorie snacks
- Snack: Protein shake with whole milk and frozen fruit
- Dinner: Baked salmon with quinoa and roasted vegetables
- Dessert: Dark chocolate protein brownie
- Breakfast: Veggie and cheese omelet with whole-grain toast
- Snack: High-calorie smoothie with mixed fruit, spinach, and Greek yogurt
- Lunch: Turkey and black bean burrito bowl with brown rice
- Snack: High calorie recipes for weight gain featuring chocolate-covered almonds
- Dinner: Stuffed bell peppers with ground beef and sweet potato
- Dessert: Fruit salad with whipped cream
- Breakfast: Yogurt and granola parfait with mixed fruit
- Snack: Icy hot: Spicy trail mix with dried fruit
- Lunch: Shrimp and vegetable stir-fry with brown rice
- Snack: Cottage cheese with pineapple chunks
- Dinner: BBQ chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans
- Dessert: Banana and peanut butter smoothie with honey
- Breakfast: Protein-packed blueberry pancakes with syrup
- Snack: Apple slices with almond butter
- Lunch: Tuna and whole wheat pasta salad with red onion and olives
- Snack: Mixed nuts or high carb snacks to fuel your workout
- Dinner: Homemade beef and vegetable burgers with sweet potato fries
- Dessert: Chocolate chip protein cookies
- Breakfast: Power breakfast smoothie with spinach, kale, fruit, and protein powder
- Snack: Weight gain meal plan for males featuring cottage cheese and pineapple
- Lunch: Grilled chicken Caesar salad with whole-grain croutons
- Snack: Hummus and whole wheat pita bread
- Dinner: Creamy mushroom pasta with garlic bread
- Dessert: Mixed fruit parfait
- Breakfast: Bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese
- Snack: Chocolate avocado mousse
- Lunch: Quinoa and vegetable salad with grilled chicken
- Snack: Sliced pear with honey and walnuts (an easy meal prep idea for weight gain)
- Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese with garlic bread
- Dessert: Chia seed pudding with mixed fruit
- Breakfast: Breakfast burrito with eggs, cheese, spinach, and tomato
- Snack: Whole-grain toast with peanut butter and banana
- Lunch: Pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw
- Snack: Greek yogurt and honey parfait topped with weight gain meals of mixed fruit
- Dinner: Stuffed chicken breast with herbed rice and steamed broccoli
- Dessert: No-bake energy bars
There you have it, a 7-day Meal Prep to Gain Weight plan designed to help you scale your calorie intake and bulk up, featuring everything from high-calorie dishes to muscle-building recipes. Remember, consistency is key, so make sure to stick to your meal plan and workout regimen for maximum results. Now, go ahead and conquer that kitchen, while channeling your inner Arnold Schwarzenegger!